Sunday, January 11, 2009
Here are the new bookshelves I've had my eye on since we moved in. I'm so excited--all my books and office supplies in one place now! No more having to go to the garage when I need a ruler or envelope! All that remains is picking a color for an accent wall, and I think I'll finally be satisfied with our office.
Also, crossing #33 off the list, the cat liter box! We ordered this cute little cabinet, which actually holds the cat litter box (you can see from the mat on the side there's a little opening there. I still need to "decorate" the corner, but we are so glad to finally have the cat litter box out of our third guest bedroom (especially since they decided to pee all over the carpet in that room and we're having to have it replaced! Boo! However, we are taking advantage of the "no carpet" in that room to start on #27, so stay tuned for pics of our first attempt at painting a room!).
Our final exciting purchase recently is a new TV! We've been stockpiling Fry's gift certificates for about a year now (it's pretty much all we asked for for birthdays and Christmas) and yesterday finally went and made our purchase. We got a fantastic deal on a floor model of a Christmas "special" and are thrilled!
Hope you can all make it by to visit sometime soon,
Friday, January 9, 2009
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Ran 12 miles without stopping. Did a half-ironman. Traveled for 24 hours straight by myself. It was a great year!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? We were hot and cold. The resolution was to cook more at home. While I was training I was wholly unsuccessful. I had neither the time nor the energy! But after the race in May, we actually did pretty good for a while eating at home. It's definitely cyclical--we'll be really good for a stretch, and then really bad for a stretch. I made the same resolution for this year, so we'll see how it goes!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, but a lot of my friends and family got pregnant!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No. We feel so blessed to still have so many of our friends and family with us.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A new car.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 6--most "Happy Birthday" songs ever sung for A in a single day. :-)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Successfully completing a half-ironman.
9. What was your biggest failure? Getting back on the workout wagon after I fell off post-race...it never really happened.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yeah--I injured both my feet in training. It took about four months for them to stop hurting.
11. What was the best thing you bought? An iTouch.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Alex's--he was the best pit crew and support staff ever through all my training and race craziness. He put up with me being gone all the time, and tired when I wasn't gone, he cooked for me, he picked up my lag on the chores...all around he was just great.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Eh, there were a couple, but it's not worth dwelling on. New year, fresh slate, right?
14. Where did most of your money go? Gear, travel, medical bills, and the house (not necessarily in that order).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to China and finishing the race!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Stronger" by Kanye. It was our team's song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Working out for fun with A.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing about things I can't control.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With family.
21. How did you ring in the New Year? Next to A, surrounded by friends.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes. I fall in love with A all the time for a million reasons.
23. Who was your 2008 hero? I think people do heroic things all the time. I can't pick just one.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy, the Office, 30 Rock
25. What was something you needed to do and didn’t get around to? Getting a water softener
26. What was the best book you read? It was kind of an off year for books, but I recently started Fear No Evil and it's good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I have no idea.
28. What did you want and get? An awesome bumper sticker.
29. What did you want and not get? A new car.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Is it bad I can't answer this question either?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Hung out with friends. I turned 29!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I have to say it was a pretty satisfying year already!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? haha...ummm...the same as it was in 2007?
34. What kept you sane? Alex is always the one who keeps me grounded.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? McSteamy
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The election.
37. Who did you miss? My family is scattered all over the country, and even though we had a FABULOUS reunion in July, I wish I got to see them all more.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I met several new friends and have grown close to them quickly!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Patience, patience, patience.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Life is a highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long...