Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Conversations with Sam

Oh, that's right.

With SAM.

Because my itty-bitty-teeny-tiny-forever-my-baby? He's pretty much talking non-stop now. And it's funny to see how different his little personality already is from his big sister. He's pretty matter-of-fact with his convos . . . but still every bit as heart-meltingly sweet.

Sam had a tummy bug this week (thankfully the 12-hr variety, though it pretty much knocked him on his tuchas for those 12 hours). He'd tell me his tummy hurt ("Mommy, tummy hurt!"), and I'd tell him, "Oh, it does? I'm so sorry!" while snuggling him and gently stroking his tummy.

That little exchange eventually turned into:

Sam: Mommy, tummy hurt! I sorry, tooooo.

No pause for Mommy's part. See what I mean? He's kind of a let's-get-down-to-business kind of guy.

And then this little exchange, when Alex was putting Sam's pjs on after being gone all day and evening on a business trip.

Sam: Hug, Daddy, hug!!
Alex: Aw, you want a hug, buddy?
Sam: Big hug!
Alex: :::leans over the changing table to hug Sam:::
Sam: I lub you, Daddy. I MISS you.

Well, if that doesn't just make you melt, I don't know what will.

Sam is 1 year, 20 months old, and we are at the beginning of a whole new talkative world.

No comments: