Sunday, May 26, 2013

Conversations with Ali

More gems from my girl:

Ali: Mom, is Captain Hook indivisible?
Me: No, indivisible means you can't divide it or separate it. Like, you can't break it apart.
Ali: Oh. So like, we can make our love indivisible?
Me: Absolutely.

--------------------------------------------

Sam: <>
Me: What?
Sam: <>
Me: Um...you want juice? I love you?
Sam: No 'I love you,' Mommy. NO 'I love you'!
Ali: Mommy, Sammy DOES love you. I promise.

---------------------------------------------

Ali: Mommy, can we make a strategy to go and meet God sometime soon?
Me: Sure, baby. What do you want to meet with him about?
Ali: I just want to talk to him.
Me: Oh yeah? About what?
Ali: I want to tell him that I never want yours and Daddy's lives to be at an end and I never want your souls to go back to him.

That last one's just a bit heart breaking, no? I can't believe how amazing it is to watch a person grow up, to watch her learn how to say "mommy" for the first time and what sounds animals make . . . and then just a blink of an eye later, to have her contemplating death and wanting to negotiate with God for our time together.

3 years, 8 months into this parenting thing, and every day it's still the coolest thing I've ever done.

No comments: