Thursday, February 28, 2008

#87

For the first time ever, I voted in a primary! Usually I've just waited to see who the two presidential nominees are and then made my decision between them. This time I actually care who the nominee is, and I feel like my vote will actually count. The race between Obama and Clinton (I've heard) will come down to Texas and Ohio, and they're close in both states. So I actually found an early voting site and went to cast my vote. I got the sticker and everything.

Just to be clear that this somehow didn't still count as a "presidential election," I also cast votes for Nelda Wells Spears (she seems to have been doing a pretty good job--she sent Alex new license plates last week) and Lloyd Doggett, as well as some guy named Gene Kelly (I know, I know, it's corny to vote for someone just because they share a name with you, and it's kind of destructive to the democratic process, but I don't care).

I feel quite citizen-ary!

No comments: