Sunday, March 2, 2008

China, here I (we) come!

We bought my ticket! I am officially China bound. I'll be leaving Austin on Thursday the 27th early in the morning and be getting into Beijing Friday night (gotta love the 14 hours I'll lose because of the time difference--on the other hand, on the way back, we'll leave at 4 p.m. on Wednesday and get into Chicago at 4:45 Wednesday...what my brother aptly quipped would probably be the "longest 45 minutes of my life").

The "super excited" hasn't quite hit yet b/c we haven't gotten my visa worked out yet, but I can still feel the excitement creeping slowly in. We'll be staying in a hotel in the middle of the shopping district, 2 km from Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Sweet! The best part is that Alex's company will be paying for said hotel. Double sweet! And his food, which we will probably just share. Triple super sweet! The hotel website also said there's a park nearby where you can rent bikes--that seems like the way to go to see the city!

So yeah, it's gonna be awesome. Yay!

2 comments:

ashley said...

yay!

and if the people in China drive anything like they do in Singapore... you do NOT want to be on a bike! lol.

Can't wait to see all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!! I am so excited for you!!!! I can't wait to hear about your adventure. You are going to have an amazing time.