1. Baby girl turned TWO!
2. Two is a freaking awesome age. Yes, there are tantrums and power struggles and boundary testing and all of that. But seeing her learn things at the rate that she's learning them makes up for all the other stuff a thousand times over. I try and note each day how long it takes before she says or does something to impress me. Yesterday it was about 32 seconds.
3. Ali knows all her letters and their sounds, her numbers from 1-20 (thought she still gets tripped up through the teens), and she can sight read Ali, Sam, Mom, and Dad.
4. She had a great 2-yr check-up. She is still maintaining her supermodel stature, measuring in the 80% for height and the 30% for weight. The doctor was highly impressed with all of her skills, and we don't have to get any more shots until she's 4! Hooray!
5. A typical dinner these days, complete with gagging, showing off, story telling, pooping, and the sweetest sign-off ever:
6. Little man turned 4 months old!
7. He is SUCH a strong little guy. He is already rolling both directions (a full two months ahead of when his sister did that) and trying to sit up unassisted.
8. Sam's teachers at school say that he's already ahead with his verbal skills. I'm guessing this means that he babbles like a 6-month-old instead of a 4-month-old. I'm also guessing that means between him and his sister, we're never going to have a quiet household. Ever.
9. We are in the midst of deswaddling. I can't believe my baby is already old enough to sleep unswaddled. We have started wrapping him with one arm out, and so far, it hasn't really affected his sleep. He still wakes up once a night, which isn't bad!
10. Ali was never a giggly baby. Oh how I love love love having a giggly baby now. How Sam spends dinner time: