Monday, December 10, 2007

Nothing to report?

I haven't posted in a while because I didn't really feel like we had anything new to report. I haven't accomplished any more of my 101 goals, and really life has been just plugging along like normal. Then I realized that it's really not normal and maybe I haven't posted because I've been working my tailfeathers off and have just been too busy!

I've started freelancing (yay!) in my "spare" time. This is good news not only because it will help us pay off our medical bills, but because hopefully it will be steady enough to provide enough income when we have kids that will allow me to stay home.

I've also started my second season with Team In Training--this time I'm training for a half-ironman triathlon (1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run) and have to raise $5,600 in donations!! Not only have I been spending about 10 hours a week in practice (and we haven't even hit our "stride" yet--we're supposed to pick it up on Jan. 1), but I've been working like crazy to get some fundraising efforts going: I participated in my company's holiday fair last Friday, have been busy writing letters/stuffing envelopes, and am hopefully in the midst of planning a big fundraising party with the help of my wedding coordinator!

BTW, if you would like to donate, please click here! Every little bit helps, and all donations are fully tax deductible. Most of you have letters coming encouraging you to join the one-hour-a-month club . . . intrigued? Details in your letter!

Alex returned from his Germany trip safe and sound and has jumped into helping me as much as possible. He's started coming to core workouts with me, too! He put up lights on our house all by himself--I think it took him longer than he expected, but we're both very happy with how it turned out! And we're now the proud owners of a ladder. They're quite helpful!


Well, that's what's new with us! I hope some of y'all out there are having a little less hectic lives right now and that you have enough time to get into the holiday spirit a little.

Happy holidays,

KC

1 comment:

ashley said...

your lights look so pretty on the house!