1. Several weeks ago we had a family reunion with my mom's side of the family. There were roughly 20-25 people around my parents' house at any given time (yeah . . . I come from a big family). Ali handled it all like a champ and loved getting passed around to all the adoring family members. She especially loved watching her cousins Zoe, Dylan, and Chase play!
Here are Ali and cousin Zoe playing a rocking game.
Here are Ali with her two favorite boy cousins, Chase and Dylan.These guys were a constant source of entertainment and energy!
2. Before we headed back out of town, we visited with Ali's great-grandparents. Always so good to see greats any chance we get!
3. Have I told you yet that Ali has my hair texture? It's true. I know it looks all smooth and tame in her pictures, but that's 'cause we brush it. This is what it looks like in all its natural glory, straight outta the bath. Pretty awesome, huh?
4. There's just something about them together that makes me melt.
5. We also had a reunion with my dad's side of the family. My (*cough*yankee*cough*) cousins were in town from New York City (get-a-rope) and we took the opportunity to gather and do what we do best . . . eat a lot and drink some good Texas beer.
Here's the motley crew . . .
And here's Ali being initiated in the ways of Texas.
6. And THEN we had Alex's parents in town for a visit! (yep! We got a lotta family!) Ali love-love-loves her Bubbie and Zeydie!
7. Want to know what happens when Aunt Katie wants to squeeze in a Skype session during naked time? That's right. That's a plastic bag.
8. Then last weekend, we headed to San Antonio to visit Grandpa and attend cousin Addison's first birthday. Our first stop was a gorgeous park in downtown San Antonio, where we hung out and enjoyed some burgers and hot dogs off the grill. It was the first time Ali had seen ducks up close and personal. She was so intrigued . . . they're small like our cats but what are those wings???? Ali also got her very first taste of watermelon . . . she's a fan!
Here Ali and Grandpa Studly are checking out some duck action.
9. After the park we headed to the San Antonio Zoo. Ali was a total champ even though we were waaay late on her nap. She checked out everything from the comfort of her stroller until the heat, watermelon, and day's excitement finally overcame her. She napped contentedly for the rest of our zoo trip. Oh well . . . we enjoyed seeing the animals, at least.
Here is Grandpa Studly helping Ali see the bears from the comfort of her stroller. Now that's seeing the zoo in style!
Here are Ali and I in the butterfly exhibit. She LOVED watching all the butterflies flitting around!
And here are Ali and Dad in front of the flamingos. As you can see, Ali thought the pink birds were pretty cool.
10. We took advantage of our first free afternoon in WEEKS to head to our neighborhood pool for Ali's first pool experience. She loves bath time, so I was confident she'd like the pool as well . . . if she could get past the fact that it was cold water and not delightfully warm water. She was a little apprehensive at first, but we eased her into it and showed her how to splish-splash just like in the tub. Once she caught on, she was a pool pro!
Here's Ali trying to explore a water spout. Luckily it wasn't turned on at the time.
And here is our pool princess . . . can you tell she's just having a wee bit of fun?