Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today is brought to you by the letter "C"

C as in Clapping.

She claps! She's been kinda-clapping for a while now, which for her meant waving her entire arms up and down (and usually whapping herself in the stomach) while yelling, "AAAAAA," which I'm pretty sure was her version of "Yaaayyyyy!" which is what Alex and I say everytime we clap. But this morning, out of nowhere, she brought her hands right together like she was a pro at clapping and had been doing it right all along! I got so excited and clapped right back at her, which prompted her to clap some more ("Sweet! Look what I can make Mom do!"). We just kept right on going, clapping back and forth, me saying "Yayyyyy!" and her saying "AAAAAA!" and both of us clapping our hands.

And C as in Crawling.

It's true. She's MOBILE! She's been rocking back and forth on her hands and knees for a couple of weeks now, and she could spin herself in circles and move backwards, but as of last night she can officially get to where she wants to go. It's kind of a army-crawl-wiggle-worm-scooch move, but it's effective! I'm so proud of her!! Time to get serious about that baby-proofing business!

No comments: