Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Full of Awesome

I love weekends. I mean, I've always loved weekends, but now I really LOVE weekends. I get to spend all day hanging out with baby girl. And now that the weather is improving, we get to get our a bit more and enjoy the great outdoors. What could be better?

Last weekend was no exception. We spent Saturday afternoon a friend of ours son's first birthday party. They had the brilliant idea of a homemade ball pit in the living room--what a hit! Even though Ali was the youngest party-goer by a solid month or two, even she got in on the ball fun.

I'm not really sure who's having more fun here . . .
Sunday Ali and I met some friends at the park while Alex helped his brother move. It was a gorgeous morning! First Ali just enjoyed sitting and taking in the sites. She would laugh anytime anyone walked by--so cute!
Then we made our way over to the swings! The seat was waay too big for Ali's little body, so we just padded the chair behind her so that she wouldn't slide around too much. She LOOOVED the swing and was kicking and laughing and waving her arms. Another big hit!
Here is Ali hanging out with our friends' son, Luke. Holding hands? Doing wax-on, wax-off? You be the judge.
While at the park, Ali would not stop staring me down as I enjoyed a snack. So I held let her lick the apple I was eating . . . she went crazy for it! When I took it away she squealed and flapped her hands trying desperately to take it back from me. I think this girl is ready for some real food!
Sunday evening we made the trek down to San Marcos to visit Great-Grandma Daigle and Pop. It was the first time all of their five great-grandchildren had congregated in the same spot. As you can imagine, there was lots of picture takin' going on!

Here are my grandparents with their five great-grandkids.
And with the mommas. :-)
Three generationsFour generations :-)
Ali hangin' with her greats.
And the whole motley crew!
After the photo shoot we headed out for a wonderful dinner on the river. Ali got to sit in a high chair for the first time! She's such a big girl!

She was once again staring us down. Since we didn't have any baby-friendly food on hand, we gave her some water out of a straw. Once she got over the fact that (1) it wasn't milk, and (2) it wasn't warm, she loved it! She was like a little baby bird, opening and closing her mouth, begging for more.
As you can see . . . weekends are the best 48 hours of the week! We have another big, exciting weekend coming up, with Ali's cousins, aunts, uncle, and grandparents visiting! Stay tuned!

No comments: